Friday, May 29, 2009

I’ll take a slice of that woecake.

Sock Summit 2009.

I've been anticipating this so much and made the $$ decision to skip Sock Camp in favor of SS09. Though I knew there was a lot of interest in this event it never crossed my miniscule mind that I wouldn't get any of the classes I wanted. Initially that is what happened, and an unfortunate combination of conference calls and appointments made me miss the second go-round of available classes. !%!#!@#$.

Later in the afternoon I lucked into getting one of the classes on my list – a six hour class on Thursday - and I was hesitating about going at all for one class until Terry rightfully pointed out that this will likely be a singular event. Given the difficulties the organizers have had I'd be gobsmacked if they decided to try for another. I can only imagine the amount of work that has gone into setting up Sock Summit and to see the registration process totally implode because the the response was epic... ugh!! The server meltdown was probably Tina and Stephanie's worst nightmare come true, and my heart goes out to them.

Anyhoo. Focusing on the positive: the hotel room is booked and I'm going! I haven't booked a flight because I've got fingers crossed that the stars will align and I'll be able to snag another class or two. I'm mulling over trying a few burnt offerings… perhaps a skein of Wollmeise in exchange for a Colorful Stitches class?

No comments: